In 20 years, you'll be more disappointed by what you didn't do than by what you did - Mark Twain.

Friday 9 January 2015

Time to change direction

After a long and rewarding career in teaching it is time for a change. 36 years - that's about one thousand children I have taught from Kindergarten to Year 7 and everything in between. It's time to change direction, steer a different path. I didn't think I could leave education entirely...so that's why I am starting something I have been thinking about for a couple of years now.

I have opened a shop on Teachers Pay Teachers. I am going to package up all the ideas that are spinning through my head, all the games, worksheets and activities that are floating around on my numerous flash-drives. All the things I didn't have time for when I was teaching full-time!

Do you know the game of Scoot? It was a favourite in my class last year. It's a great educational game for kiddies who like to move around.

Here is a freebie...




Click here to go to my shop and download the game.


This particular Scoot! game is all about halves. The kiddies have to decide whether a picture is half shaded or not or a group has half of the pictures coloured. They are asked  to identify how many is half of a group. The kiddies need to have been introduced to halves before they play this game. It is designed to practise and consolidate their knowledge.



I hope you and your class enjoy this. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment and rating the product at the bottom of the TpT page.

Have fun and...


No comments:

Post a Comment